Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Papercuts

Just after we moved into our new place two months ago, I started buying rolls of vintage wallpaper. Ostensibly, I had vague plans for, you know, wallpapering something. But it's reaaaaally hard to find enough of one print for a whole room. So what I've been doing is buying one-off rolls. Which are pretty useless. And usually crumbling. And torn.

Whatever. No regrets!


The last one is my favorite, so, somewhat perversely, I decided it should go under the knife first. I cut off some strips to border my homemade cat scratcher, which maybe was a horrible waste of amazing wallpaper? I'm not sure.


I wanted to get an action shot of Milkshake scratching at it, but all she does is sit on it and purr. Silly kitty.

1 comment:

  1. what if you cut out large squares of wallpaper and framed them? so then they're still serving as wall accents if not actual wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete